Rick is a principal and co-founder of Pillar Wealth Advisors, LLC. Entering the financial planning business in 2005 as a career change, Rick sought to utilize the deep finance, accounting, taxation and analysis experience gained during ten years as a CPA with Deloitte & Touche LLP and a diverse ten years spent in corporate finance and accounting roles. Rick's primary practice focus is leading the development of integrated and insightful financial plans for successful individuals and business-owners, believing that the "context" provided by a clear Wealth Plan is critical to an effective investment plan, insurance plan, estate plan and business succession plan. Rick also serves on the Pillar Wealth Advisors Investment Committee.
Rick is a graduate (Cum Laude) of University of Delaware, and is very active in local philanthropic organizations throughout Chester County, PA. He and his wife, Debbie, live in West Chester, PA with their three children. Rick enjoys golf, the Jersey Shore, great wine, and playing/learning the acoustic guitar (not well!).
Licenses, Affiliations & Examinations:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - inactive
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®)
- FINRA General Securities Representative (Series 7)
- FINRA Uniform Combined State Law Exam (Series 66)
- Insurance licensed in various states, including PA, DE, NJ, MD, NY and CA
- Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP)
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- Chester County (PA) Estate Planning Council
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)